Amygdalin (vitamin B17) is a highly controversial ingredient is a glycoside (a molecule in which a sugar is bound to a non-carbohydrate moiety – normally forming a small organic molecule) extracted from the seeds (kernels) of the bitter almond tree (Prunus dulcis) as well as apricot (Prunus armeniaca).
The FDA has banned the sale of amygdalin and laetrile, and rightly so, as it can be extremely toxic and poisonous.
We make no claims to “cure cancer” or “cure arthritis”. We simply offer our
SAFE Apricot Kernel Capsules with Resveratrol, Selenium, Grape Seed Extract, MSM, Vitamin C and Bioperine as a dietary supplement.
At the onset – let us please explain that we do NOT sell amygdalin or laetrile – our Apricot Kernel Capsules – at a dosage of 2 capsules per day will supply you 5 grams of apricot kernel – which is the accepted low dosage of apricot kernel as per the Chinese pharmacopeia.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) apricot seed powder is used to relieve coughs, asthma and relax bowels. In addition, it is indicated for alleviating for stuffiness in the chest, to expel fluids from the chest as well as for constipation caused by a “deficiency” of blood and fluid.
In the Chinese pharmacopoeia, the suggested dose of apricot kernel powder is 4.5 – 9 grams per day. So taking our capsules – at the recommended dosage of 2 capsules per day will deliver 5 grams of apricot kernel powder per day – this does not pose any health risk or risk of toxic side effects.
Apart from apricot and almond trees, the active compound is also found in the kernel of black cherries (Prunus serotina) and was first isolated by Pierre-Jean Robiquet in 1830 and later further studied by Liebig and Wöhler.
It was touted as a “cancer cure” by Ernst T Krebs Jr. who called it laetrile and then also Vitamin B17, to circumvent the FDA’s very strict rules when filing a “drug”.
Laetrile and amygdalin is chemically related, and most proponents of “Laetrile” for the treatment of cancer use the terms "Laetrile" and “Amygdalin” interchangeably.
There is however some level of confusion between amygdalin, laetrile and vitamin B17. As we mentioned earlier, the two words are used my most proponents of this alternative cancer cure – although there a chemical differences.
Laetrile, which was patented in the United States, is a semi-synthetic molecule sharing part of the amygdalin structure, while the "laetrile" made in Mexico is usually pure amygdalin.
The name “Laetrile” is the trade name registered by Ernst T Krebs Jr. with the U S Patent Office – and was filed as “laevo-mandelonitrile-beta-glucuronoside”, a substance synthesized by Mr. Krebs. It was listed for the treatment of "disorders of intestinal fermentation."
Though it is also referred to as Vitamin B17 - it is not a vitamin. Ernest T Kreb tried to have it listed as a vitamin in the hope that if it was classified as a nutritional supplement – he would not have to follow the USA FDA rules pertaining to new drugs.
To manufacture pure amygdalin, almond or apricot kernel cake is cooked in ethanol and then with evaporation of the solution and adding diethyl ether - amygdalin is then converted to very small white crystals.
Our apricot kernel powder does not go through these chemical treatments – we simply use apricot seed kernel powder.
SO – we do NOT SELL AMYGDALIN OR LAETRILE – we sell pure apricot kernel powder at a safe daily dose.
Pure amygdalin will break down when taken internally into glucose, benzaldehyde, and hydrogen cyanide (the cyanide being poisonous).
Beta-glucosidase is the enzyme that initiates the release of the cyanide from amygdalin. It is found in the small intestine. This can leads to an unpredictable and potentially lethal toxicity when pure amygdalin or pure laetrile is taken orally.
In a clinical study done at Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, Japan the apricot seeds did show promise in fighting tumor cells.
During a study in 2008 at the College of Oriental Medicine and Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea, the researchers found that apricot kernel has value in killing tumor cells.
A study by researchers of the Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, Department of Meridian and Acupuncture, College of Oriental Medicine, and Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul, Korea and the Department of Integrative Medicine, Catholic University, Seoul, Korea found that apricot kernels have value in treating pain associated with arthritis and reducing inflammation as well as reducing the formation of arthritis – although we must state that this study was done on rats.
The same results – less inflammation and having an analgesic (pain relieving) effect in arthritis – were confirmed in another study that showed promise in reducing arthritis pain while another study showed its effectiveness in acting as an anti-inflammatory agent.
In a 2005 study, the researchers concluded that apricot kernels have value in fighting prostate cancer.
Amygdalin was first isolated in 1830 and in 1845 it was used as a
cure for cancer in Russia, and again in the 1920’s to cure cancer and arthritis in the United States. However – all the research scientists found that pure amygdalin was too poisonous to continue trials.
Even the prestigious Memorial Sloan-Kettering hospital – their Cancer Center) tested Laetrile (1972) but proper protocols were not followed – and the results obtained cannot be taken seriously.
In 1974, the American Cancer Society officially labeled laetrile and amygdalin as “quackery”, but proponents of this anti-cancer ingredient dispute this finding, as they maintain that the US Government is only outlawing it due to financial considerations, as filing and approving a “drug” with the FDA is a rather expensive exercise.
Many North American cancer patients travel to Mexico for amygdalin / laetrile treatment.
Although we do believe that there are valuable therapeutic properties that can be derived from apricot kernel powder, we do warn people NOT TO CONSUME pure amygdalin/laetrile as it is poisonous.
The dosage of our Apricot Seed Powder capsules is 2 capsules a day – which provides 5 grams of powder per day. (Each capsule contains 250 milligram of apricot kernel in a 10:1 extract = 2.5 grams).
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.