In skincare and cosmetics, aloe vera has become the trusted ingredient to help fight wrinkles and achieve a smooth skin and a youthful appearance. See what aloe vera can do for you today in our natural herbal skincare range. It promotes clear healthy skin and is effective in fighting dry, itching, flaking and cracking skin.
on this page
Furthermore, aloe vera encourage skin rejuvenation, healing of wounds and treatment of sunburn. It helps in relieving arthritis, improves blood circulation, reduces scarring, and is anti-inflammatory.
Aloe Vera has been known for generations as an excellent plant to have around to help reduce inflammation, pain and itching, to accelerate wound healing, a superb penetrating moisturizing agent, stimulating the body's immune system while being naturally hypoallergenic with about the same pH balance of the skin.
In 1943 most of this proof used to substantiate the claim made for the healing power of Aloe Vera was anecdotal - that is, by means of stories and testimonials handed down from one generation to the next, or on recommendation by a friend or family member - not on scientific evidence.
Then a medical doctor working with burn victims discovered that aloe vera was an astonishingly effective treatment for his burn victims - a fact known for centuries !! He found that applications of aloe vera seemed to lessen scarring. When his findings were published in medical journals, other researchers began investigating the possibility that some "old wives tales" about aloe vera might have some basis in fact.
The rest, as they say, is aloe vera history !!
Today, thanks to the dedication and work of hundreds of scientific researchers throughout the world, and in particular, the studies by Robert T. Davis, Ph.D. of the Pennsylvania College of Pediatric Medicine and Ivan E. Danhof, Ph.D., M.D. Director of North Texas Medical Associates, we now know a great deal more about the chemical make-up of aloe vera and its potential to relieve human suffering.
More and more people throughout the world are managing many of their health care problems with natural products, particularly using nature's own miracle plant - the health giving, healing aloe vera plant.
Aloe vera was used as far back as Ancient Egyptian times, the incredible natural properties of aloe vera were discovered and indeed, legend has it that Cleopatra, the beautiful Egyptian Queen, attributed her beauty to the use of aloe vera.
When properly processed using the entire leaf, aloe vera gel retains over 200 different ingredients including many biological active ingredients like polysaccharides (sugar complex), amino acids, vitamin, glyco-proteins, enzymes and minerals.
We now know that properly processed aloe vera gel, sometimes in combination with other ingredients, can help reduce inflammation at wound sites, relieves pain, hastens healing by accelerating cell rejuvenation, improves vascular (blood) flow, and inhibits the production of thromboxanes (blood clots) that interfere with healing.
Aloe vera helps to reduce scarring and when properly applied over time, can lessen the unsightly "age spots" that appear on skin that has been over-exposed to the sun and UV rays.
In an effort to isolate the properties that makes aloe vera so effective, scientists have found that it contains at least three anti-inflammatory fatty acids.
These make aloe vera a perfect agent in treating burns, cuts, scrapes and abrasions. In addition, these agents work to reduce the pain of muscle strains and arthritis. It has also been shown that aloe vera has the ability to penetrate the deepest body tissues.
In some cases this means reaching down 7 layers of tissue to moisturize.
Because aloe vera is hypoallergenic, has anti-itching agents and has the same pH level as human skin, aloe vera is particularly useful on sensitive areas and for people who have reactions to chemicals used in other lotions and cleansers.
When Aloe vera is taken internally in liquid form, Aloe vera stimulates uterine contractions and should be avoided during pregnancy, and it is excreted in the mother's milk. Internal use of Aloe Vera should be avoided when breast feeding, as it may be purgative to the child.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.